Coaches as Professionals
The Professional Coaching Department of the Coaching Association of Canada grants official designation to professionals in the field of coaching in Canada. We continue to advance the profession of coaching and exist to:
- Protect and serve the public interest;
- Protect the character and status of members of the profession;
- Develop, coordinate and provide services to professional coaches;
- Organize and promote educational and professional development opportunities;
- Represent coaches and their interests before governmental bodies; and
- Promote the profession of coaching.
All Chartered Professional Coaches and Registered Coaches adhere to the highest standard of moral and ethical conduct, and are required annually, upon renewal, to sign off on the:
- Coaches Code of Conduct;
- Coaches Code of Ethics;
- Canadian Policy Against Doping in Sport; and
- License Agreement or Registration Agreement.
The department also endorsed the National Code & Canadian Policy and encourages all Chartered Professional Coaches and Registered Coaches to familiarize themselves with this sport policy.
View the Coaching Association of Canada's Policies