Coaches as Professionals
Coaches of Canada is the ONLY organization that grants official designation to professionals in the field of coaching in Canada. We continue to “advance the profession of coaching…” and exist to:
- Protect and serve the public interest;
- Protect the character and status of members of the profession;
- Develop, coordinate and provide services to members;
- Organize and promote educational and professional development opportunities;
- Represent members and interests before governmental bodies; and
- Promote the profession of coaching.
All Licensed/Registered Coaches of Coaches of Canada are required annually, upon renewal, to sign off on the Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics or the corporation, as well as the Canadian Policy Against Doping in Sport and either the License Coach Sign-Off or the Registered Coach Sign-Off.
Coaches of Canada also endorsed the National Code & Canadian Policy and encourages all Licensed/Registered Coaches to familiarize themselves with this sport policy.
Professional Practices Committee
The Professional Practices Committee meets monthly to develop, maintain and uphold both the Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics; develop, maintain and adjudicate the requirements for the Chartered Professional Coach designation; and review any complaints of unprofessional conduct brought against a member and determine the appropriate course of action.