Special General Meeting
Coaches of Canada is planning on amalgamating with the Coaching Association of Canada at the end of March. We will be having a vote of our membership on the 29th of March at the Westin Prince Hotel, 900 York Mills Rd., Toronto, ON, M3B 3H2, from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. The vote will be for the following motions:
1. To approve the planned merger of CoC and CAC by authorizing CoC to assign all assets and all liabilities to CAC effective March 31, 2014, whereupon CAC will assume responsibility for the delivery of all programs, services and activities of CoC,
2. Upon the successful transition of all CoC programs, services and activities to CAC, and no later than December 31, 2014, to authorize the Directors of CoC to dissolve the corporation using the method deemed most suitable.
Below you will find the closed proxy form if you are unable to attend.
Please Note: this closed proxy ballot is valid ONLY for the original motion as written. Any alteration of Motion #1 or Motion #2 by way of additional motion, renders the proxy invalid.
Please email a copy of your completed proxy form to
before the start of the Meeting on the 29th of March.
Board of Directors Nomination Form
Notice of the AGM
Notice of Meeting to the members of Coaches of Canada
The Annual General Meeting
of the Corporation will be held on Saturday, November 9, 2013
at the THE WESTIN CALGARY
320 4th Avenue S.W. Calgary, Alberta T2P 2S6 Canada (Eau Claire Room)
, at 12:15 p.m.
for the purpose of conducting elections to the Board of Directors and providing reports from the President and the Committees; appointment of the auditors; and other general business. Proxy forms can be found on the Corporation’s website at www.coachesofcanada.com.
Coaches of Canada is now accepting nominations for ten (10) positions on the Coaches of Canada Board of Directors for the 2013-2014 year:
Incumbent : Peter Lawless, ChPC
Director at Large (non-sporting), 3 POSITIONS
Incumbents: Liz Hoffman
Director at Large, 8 POSITIONS
Incumbents: Ron Brown, ChPC
Stephen Burke, ChPC
Nominees should bring a diversity of skills and interests as well as a commitment to the advancement of the profession of coaching. If you are acquainted with any person who you believe could serve in this capacity, please encourage them to consider submitting their name for nomination to the Board.
To ensure that the Board is composed of qualified and skilled persons capable of, and committed to, providing effective leadership to Coaches of Canada, the organization is looking for individuals having one or more of the following:
A background and demonstrated knowledge of:
· Strategic planning and business planning;
· Human resources management expertise;
· Legal and risk management expertise;
· Business and corporate experience, including expertise in financial management; and/or
· Leadership skills in non-profit or other endeavors.
The Board is comprised of individuals who are members in good standing of Coaches of Canada, (except for the three non-coaching functional Director at Large positions), of legal age and residents of Canada.
to receive nomination and proxy voting forms.
Missed last year’s meeting?
Read the Minutes
from the 2012 Coaches of Canada AGM