Jack Donohue Award
Jack Donohue “Coach of the Year”
The recipient of this award is selected by the Board of Directors of Coaches of Canada and is honoured at the annual Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif Awards Dinner.
The nomination should demonstrate how the coach meets the following criteria:
- Possesses all the characteristics that made Jack Donohue a legendary coach
- Demonstrates a proven capacity to improve athlete/team performance
- Has achieved a level of success in international competition
- Applies relevant training theory and coaching practices
- Demonstrates concern for Long-term Athlete Development
- Demonstrates care and concern for colleagues
- Presents a strong and morale public image
- Demonstrates a philosophy of fair play
- Is a member in good standing with Coaches of Canada
Third-party testimonials must accompany the nomination.
The 2012 Selection Committee consists of Sheila Robertson, Chair; Denise Vourtzoumis, Director at Large, Non-coaching function; Marc Bowles, ChPC, and Heather Fraser, ChPC. (add new members)